It’s better to be safe than sorry and rush one of your employees to the hospital when they accidentally contaminate any cleaning products, it will cost you high pennies not to mention the medicines they have to take when recovering from illness.
Here are the smart ways to use chemicals when cleaning:
- Put a label in each container, so as not to confuse them which one to use and avoid them from selling those bottles and containers just to identify which product to use. Identifying cleaning chemicals is also time-consuming especially when dirt has to be cleaned immediately.
- Store cleaning chemicals in a well-ventilated area where no one can access it only the authorized personnel only. Accidents can happen anywhere, take cautious when storing these cleaning chemicals. Also, proper ventilation will prevent your storage room from any poisonous odor, toxic air and dusts in the room.
- Always wear gloves and goggles to avoid any eye contact with the chemicals. A small amount of chemicals in the skin will cause you to have irritations.
- Read the safety data sheet of each and every chemical. Be fully-informed if a certain chemical can stand alone or cannot be mixed with other chemicals. Do not combine two different chemicals unless you know it is safe to do so.
- Dispose any cleaning chemicals that are not being used over the past 6 months to ensure that no accident will occur.
- Wash hands properly every after cleaning even if you used hand gloves. There are chemicals with strong scent and when you contained it, you might get poisoned.
What Are The Businesses That Must Implement These Tips?
- Hotels simply because they are required to have general cleaning every after the guests have checked out, to ensure 100% comfortable accommodation for the next guests.
- Restaurants with clean environment mostly succeed in the business for maintaining their places to be extremely clean at all. Otherwise, restaurant owners may face a file against them due to food poisoning.
- Schools: Students deserve a well-maintained school, tidy areas in the vicinity will cause them to be demotivated and might lead them to harmful effects of dirt in the school.